Thursday, July 30, 2009

What I do...



I love money management. I don't necessarily love money - it's merely a system we use to gain the lifestyle we want. But money management is all about managing your money into getting what you want, without going over budget. It's not about cutting back, it's about using it well, paying less for the same items, same commodities you want, and setting aside some each month for emergencies or investment. That's it.

Therefore, I should warn first earlier in this blog that I will not cover:

1) Credit cards - they are evil, a method used by banks to tie you in debt with their corporation forever, charging ridiculous rates for money that's not even yours to begin with. They encouraging overspending and make you believe that you deserve, no, are entitled to the lifestyle that you can't possibly afford.
2) Pitiful discounts - I scoff at anything less than 25% discount.
3) Things that you don't need. I will not post a specific deal for a specific item, either for computers, tv, whatever, no matter how cheap it is. I can guide you to the general direction, places you should consider looking and doing before making a big purchase, but I will not suggest a specific place to get something that you can do without.

With that in mind, I'll do my best to keep this blog updated as frequently as possible. So far, so good.

Now go click on that picture for Martin Lewis's Teen Cash Class: Three Lessons to Turn Anyone into a Super Savvy 21st Century Consumer. All credits go to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment